Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) may earn up to 20 ABP MOC Part 2 points for attending the 2022 National Conference and successfully completing a self-assessment.
- Attend the 2022 National Conference & Exhibition. Only verified attendees that are diplomates of the American Board of Pediatrics are eligible to earn this credit. If you have a question as to your status with the ABP, please see: https://www.abp.org/content/verification-certification.
- Select up to TEN distinct sessions that had the highest value to your practice. Sessions must be designated for CME credit as noted within the session listing in the schedule. Examples of ineligible sessions include posters, special sessions and events, exhibit activities, product theaters and symposia.
- Submit detailed reflections for up to TEN sessions. To assist you when developing your detailed reflections, a template is available here. The self-assessment asks the question “How will the new knowledge and/or skills you gained in this session change your practice and impact the care of your patients?” in 75 words. Be specific and detailed. Examples of acceptable and unacceptable answers can be found here.
- Complete your MOC Self-Assessment in the Virtual Conference Platform by clicking the “Evaluations & Feedback” tile by Monday, November 7th, 2022 at 11:59 pm CST. No late assessments and no re-submissions will be accepted. Only submissions completed through the conference platform will be reviewed. Submissions received as of this date within the conference platform will be scored by reviewers. Emailed submissions will not be accepted. It is highly recommended that you save a copy and draft your self-assessment responses in the template before inputting them into the online system to avoid timing out and losing your work.
- Earn credit! All submissions will be reviewed following the November 7th deadline. Two credits will be awarded per successful session reflection that meets the passing standard, up to 20 credits total; the credit you earn will be commensurate with the number of reflections that meet the passing standard. The AAP will review all responses and feedback will be provided. Credit can only be awarded to individuals that complete all demographic questions. Note: The AAP will determine the number of credits you will be awarded, and you will see the total amount awarded in your MOC portfolio within 30 days of successful review of your reflections.
- Within 30 days of the successful completion of your reflective self-assessment, the AAP will upload your credit through the Accreditation Council for CME (ACCME) Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
Credit Designation Statements
By completing the questions, you give the AAP permission to share your participation information/completion data with the ABP through the ACCME PARS. This will include the name of the activity and provider; participant name; participant’s ABP ID number; participant’s DOB; date of completion of the activity; the PARS activity identifier; ABP MOC Part 2 credit statement and number of MOC points awarded. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn up to 20.0 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.