Developed by AAP Sections and Councils, these programs provide a forum for the advanced discussion of clinical matters, research developments, or special interest areas.
Please note: there will be a centralized virtual abstract poster hall where all abstracts will be featured.
- Week of August 24, 2020: Abstract acceptance notifications sent to authors
- September 7, 2020:Abstract withdrawal and presenter change deadline at 11:59PM CDT
- September 23, 2020:Abstract virtual poster and audio recording due.
- September 23, 2020: On-Demand and Live Oral presentation slides upload due
- October 2-5, 2020: Virtual National Conference & Exhibition
- January 31, 2021: Access to Virtual National Conference & Exhibition ends
National Conference Abstract Policies
- All presenters must register for the conference. Presenters are responsible for their own conference registration fees.
- Health professionals in any field are welcome to submit abstracts. Some programs may have membership or sponsorship requirements for submission.
- Submissions are allowed in one program only, except Pediatrics for the 21st Century (Peds 21). Submitters may select to also be considered for this program and must select so during submission process.
- The presenting author/submitter will serve as the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
Each participating Section or Council has program specific guidelines listed below. Please review in addition to the following guidelines.
- Abstract text is limited to 450 words.
- Up to two images and/or tables are permitted (Image captions do not count toward word limit).
- Only individuals can author a submission. Study groups are not allowed to author a submission and will be removed.
- Geographical location and name of institution and/or study site is permitted only where a significant variable to the study.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Special or unusual abbreviations should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word.
- Only online submissions (no physical mail or email considered).
- The decision regarding acceptance and presentation of a submission is final.
- Accepted submissions are made available to the conference attendees and the public in advance of the meeting.
- Accepted submissions will be published on the 2020 Virtual National Conference event website and where permitted, in an online edition of Pediatrics.
- To withdraw your submission, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 7, 2020.
MOC Part 4 Credit for Quality Improvement Projects
If you are planning to submit an abstract describing a quality improvement project you have participated in, you may be eligible for 25 American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 4 points.
The American Academy of Pediatrics, through its MOC Portfolio, will approve eligible peer-reviewed poster or platform presentations describing a quality improvement project presented at a Council or Section H Program at the National Conference for MOC Part 4 credit (25 points). Any author or co-author of a poster or platform presented at the H program is eligible for this credit if they meet the requirements described below. Note: to be eligible for MOC credit, pediatricians must be individually named as an author at the time of abstract submission. Naming a network as an author and listing those members in another area of the abstract, poster, or oral presentation does not qualify.
There will be no fee for obtaining this credit if the author/co-author qualifies through the AAP MOC Portfolio (if they choose to apply directly to the American Board of Pediatrics, there is a $75 application fee). This program will only apply to pediatrics and pediatric subspecialties boarded by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
- All cited authors must complete a Conflict of Interest Disclosure.
- Failure to disclose may result in disqualification of your submission.
- The submitter is responsible for ensuring his/her colleagues are aware of and comply with the disclosure requirement.
- An author’s disclosure is relevant and specific to the content of the submission. If the potential conflict of interest relates to other content that will not be discussed within the presentation, the author does not need to disclose those relationships.
- Please review the CME Disclosure Policy.
Resources and Policies
2020 Participating Section/Council Programs
2020 National Conference Abstracts must have been submitted through one of the following 33 participating programs. Submissions were allowed in one program only, with the opportunity to opt in to present at Pediatrics for the 21st Century (Peds 21).
- Pediatrics for the 21st Century Program
- Council on Clinical Information Technology Program
- Council on Community Pediatrics Program
- Council on Early Childhood
- Council on Foster Care, Adoption and Kinship Care Program
- Council on Injury, Violence, and Poison Prevention Program
- Council on Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Program
- Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness Program
- Innovations in Obesity Prevention, Assessment and Treatment Forum
- Joint Program: Council on Child Abuse and Neglect and Section on Minority Health, Equity and Inclusion
- Joint Program: Council on School Health, Section on Adolescent Health, and Section on Tobacco Control
- Joint Program: Section on Integrative Medicine and Section on Emergency Medicine
- Joint Program: Section on Global Health (formerly SOICH), Section on Surgery, and Section on Bioethics
- Section on Advances in Therapeutics and Technology Program
- Section on Breastfeeding Program
- Section on Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Program
- Section on Child Death Review and Prevention Program
- Section on Critical Care Program
- Section on Emergency Medicine Program
- Section on Hospice and Palliative Medicine Program
- Section on Hospital Medicine Program
- Section on LGBT Health and Wellness Program
- Section on Medicine-Pediatrics Program
- Section on Minority Health, Equity & Inclusion Program
- Section on Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Program
- Section on Obesity Program
- Section on Oral Health Program
- Section on Orthopaedics Program
- Section on Pediatric Trainees Program
- Section on Surgery Program
- Section on Telehealth Care Program
- Section on Tobacco Control Program
- Section on Transport Medicine Program
- Section on Uniformed Services Program
For more information please email us