The 2022 National Conference & Exhibition is taking place in Anaheim from October 7-11!
From the magic of Disneyland to the sun and sand just a short drive away, Anaheim is a city built on imagination. Foodies will love all the flavors unique to Anaheim — sweet treats at the Anaheim Packing House and halftime meals during a sporting event. Its world-class meeting facilities and indoor/outdoor convention campus are ideal for the 2022 National Conference. Anaheim is ready for you to experience all it has to offer — while staying safe. Let the adventure begin!
Foreign nationals will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination status at the conference. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined that for the purposes of entry into the United States, accepted vaccines will include those FDA approved or authorized, as well as vaccines with an emergency use listing (EUL) from the World Health Organization (WHO). Visit the CDC’s website for more details. All forms of proof of COVID-19 vaccination must include your full name and date of birth that match your passport or other travel documents, including the name of an official agency providing the vaccination, the vaccine manufacturer, and date of vaccination.
Letter of Invitation
Complete the invitation letter request form to receive an email with an invitation letter attached (PDF format).
If you must apply for a temporary non-immigrant visa to attend a live CME event, you are advised to apply as soon as travel to the United States is contemplated and not later than 3-4 months in advance. APPLY EARLY! The AAP offers an official letter of invitation for attendees. The visa letter of invitation though not required for the visa application can assist as a supporting document. Present this letter of invitation from the AAP to the consular officer during the visa interview. This letter does not guarantee admittance into the U.S. but can provide compelling evidence for immigration officials to consider. Please note that the AAP cannot intervene with either U.S. embassies abroad or with the U.S. State Department on behalf of any participant. Please check with the embassy where you are traveling for country restrictions and requirements due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Book with us to take advantage of benefits only available through International Group Housing.
International group attendees must reserve their room blocks through International Group Housing (IGH), AAP’s official housing agency, to avoid penalties. There will be a fee of $125 for each registrant not reserved through IGH. Please contact IGH by email with any questions.
Benefits of booking with IHG include:
- International Plan: includes room, breakfast, porterage, taxes and gratuities.
- The lowest official hotel rates offering early booking and no-penalty name changes**
- Avoid Around the Block Fees when booking through official housing.
- Preferred hotels guaranteed once booked.
- Secure payment processing and online room block management
- Multilingual Meetings and Conventions Manager dedicated to your group from online to onsite
- International offices offering live chat and technical support in your time zone.
- Assistance facilitating Visa processing, CME credit conversions, and official invitation letters.
**Booking for International Plan is available before the availability of domestic housing. Flexible Room Rate gives flexibility for changes of guest names without penalties.
Please contact IGH with any questions: email or +1-305-851-6963
Visa Waiver Program
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. For more information visit the U.S. Visa Website and click on Visa Waiver Program.
Travel Approval Required for Visa Waiver Countries
Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries are now required to obtain approval through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to traveling to the United States. This requirement applies to all eligible citizens or nationals traveling under the VWP. ESTA is a web-based system, initially launched in August 2008, which determines the preliminary eligibility of visitors to travel under the VWP prior to boarding a carrier to the United States. It collects the same information as the paper I-94W form that VWP travelers currently fill out en route to the United States. To date, more than 1.2 million ESTA applications have been received, and more than 99.6 percent of applications have been approved, most within seconds. Travelers without an approved ESTA are advised, however, that they may be denied boarding, experience delayed processing, or be denied admission at a U.S. port of entry. Visitors may apply for travel authorization via the ESTA Website.
Tips for Successful Visa Applications
- Include a letter of invitation from the meeting organizer.
- When possible, provide proof of professional scientific, and/or education status, society membership and/or meeting registration.
- Visa applications are expected to provide evidence that they intend to return to their country of residence. Therefore, applications should provide proof of binding or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. Visa applications are more likely to be successful if done in the visitor’s home country.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of their visa application.
- All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits under the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Useful Visa and Travel Websites
AAP Global Programs
As the world’s largest pediatric society, AAP is dedicated to the health of all children, and hence, has developed programs to improve the health of children globally. These programs cover topics such as healthcare advocacy, policy development, clinical skills training, as well as digital communications related to child and adolescent health.
For questions contact Albert Jones, Director of Global Business Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.